With approximately 9,000 urgent care centers in the United States, urgent care offices are popular for patients seeking convenient, affordable treatment for minor illnesses and injuries, vaccinations and physicals.
Here are six facts that might surprise you about eMedical Urgent Care.
1. Convenient hours: eMedical Urgent Care in Middletown is open seven days a week, including all holidays, from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. on weekdays and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on weekends.
2. Faster treatment: If the injury is not life-threatening, you will receive faster treatment at an urgent care office. The average ER wait time is roughly two hours, whereas urgent care centers are able to see walk-in patients within 15 to 45 minutes. At eMedical Urgent Care, on average, you will be seen by one of our board-certified physicians within 30 minutes.
3. Board-certified family practice and emergency physicians: At eMedical Urgent Care, you’ll be treated by a board-certified family medicine, internal medicine or emergency medicine physician, the same caliber of doctor you’d see in the ER. The highly skilled physicians at eMedical Urgent Care have been serving the community since 1984.
4. Lower cost per visit: The average urgent care visit costs patients $70-$125 for basic care, with additional costs added for specialty services. The average ER visit can cost more than $1,000. eMedical Urgent Care participates in many managed care plans, and for those patients who are uninsured, we offer eCard benefits.
5. We have you covered: Our medical staff is trained and prepared to treat your minor medical illnesses and symptoms such as sore throat, bronchitis, flu, rashes and bladder infections. Our doctors also are skilled to treat minor injuries such as burns, sprains, lacerations and broken bones.
6. Sports injuries are in our playbook: Spring temperatures bring weekend warriors and kids’ sports. Approximately 12 million people between the ages of 5 and 22 suffer a sports-related injury each year. From sprains and strains to cuts and fractures, eMedical Urgent Care can take care of these minor injuries and more.
eMedical Urgent Care is located at 2 Kings Highway, Middletown. For more information, visit emedicalurgentcare.com or call 732-957-0707.